Monday, November 3, 2014

How To Draw A Mug

How to Draw a Mug

How to Draw a Mug step by step

5.  Draw a square for the mug.  Keep your straight lines for the next step.
6.  Add two curved lines above and below the straight line at the top.  
Draw a curved line below the line at the bottom.

How to Draw a Coffee Mug step by step

7. Go back and erase some of the shaded areas on the handle to indicate where the light hits.


I wanted to share a short how-to-draw with you.  I need your opinion.  Should this post have written instructions? (I have updated this post with a few written instructions - thanks for your feedback).  
I want to start a drawing series so please let me know!

Sharing with Creative Every Day
 Have a great Monday!

11 comments :

  1. It was very clear up until the very last step. So maybe a little more about the shading would be great! It almost looks like you used water soluble graphite. I can't really tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grace! I have added a few instructions so I hope it helps. Thanks for your feedback.

      Delete
  2. Hehehe, GREAT post, I'll never understand why it's so difficult to get the proportions of a cup right. It would seem so easy but the angles of the circles really can make a cup wonky. Yours is absolutely beautiful. I love the shading. Visiting from AEDM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! I think the straight lines keep my cup in line. You should use a t-square when you draw. I started using one and it's really helped me.

      Delete
  3. I would love a drawing series. I would also love something in writing so I would have a second layer of "how-to's" perhaps because I don't trust my own abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The change from the square top to the ellipse on the cup needs some explanation, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki I took your advice! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Thank you I have added written instructions. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sketches, Danielle. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dreamt that I was in an art class and the teacher asked us to draw a coffee mug but didn't give any directions. Woke up and found you on Pinterest.
    Not sure why you draw straight lines in Step 5. but I will play with it.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete