My sister and I had talked about recovering the chairs in her dining room for months now because they were covered with stains from the boys and this past weekend I finally got the chance to actually cover them. I wanted to share how they turned out.
Heavy duty staple gun
Clear shower curtain (optional)
My sister unscrewed all of the seat cushions while I cut the fabric to the size of the chairs with about 2 inches extra on each side. Then folded the fabric over the cushion to line up the pattern (I didn't remove the old fabric).
When I felt it was straight I would hold the sides of the seat and flip it around. I stapled the top and bottom first and then the sides occasionally flipping the seat to make sure the fabric was ok. I didn't pull the fabric super tight because if you do it will be noticeable from the sides and I also didn't want to fabric to rip.
The corners are tricky so I honestly tried to wing it and make it as neat as possible. The chairs are not perfect but we all love them. I then trimmed any extra fabric from the back. We got the fabric from Wal-Mart (its duck-cloth so it's pretty thick). Since my 2 yr old nephew is a messy eater I used the clear shower curtain to cover his chair so now my sister can just wipe it down and not worry about the stains.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you can make something today!