Friday, January 1, 2010

Crafting Time!

I took a trip to Hobby Lobby earlier this week and I wanted to do some type of craft project so i saw that all the Paper Studio stuff was 50% off so I got some chipboard letters, bling, and oh the paper stacks were also 50% off so I got the 8x8 Whimpsy Stack from DCWV. I got some wooden door signs for $1 and decided to make one for a friend of mine. I wasn't able to get her anything for her b-day so I made her a door sign.





I used my chipboard letters, some old buttons, i got the butterfly ribbon @ regular price $1, and i distressed the edges of the sign and the chipboard letters with Martha Stewart petal inks (i painted the letters white and then black and then inked them brown and sanded them, i added glitter too). I got the flower from the floral section, the stems were 50% off as well. I traced around the door sign and cut it out (painted it blue on both sides) then glued my paper down to the flat side and sanded the edges. I painted both sides b/c i didn't want the wood to show when i sanded the edges of the paper.










On the back I made a pocket and made a tag with the Paper Studio bling...i used an old button i had in my sewing kit.










here are some more papers from the stack...just really cute!









Hope u try it or like it (leave a comment).....later! :}

No comments :

Post a Comment