Monday, March 17, 2014

Moleskine Monday - My Full Potential


I think potential means a chance for positive growth.  I hope that one day I can make a living solely off of my artwork.  I have a few goals I set for myself this year.  Even if I don't get them accomplished at least I know that I'm moving in the right direction.


1.  I plan to work as many craft fairs this summer as I can.  
2.  Submit at least two projects a month to magazines to be published.
3.  Sponsor a blog to make connections and grow my blog.
4.  Complete one large painting a month for a family member. (I have been telling them for years I would paint something but never came through).
5.  Oh, and get business cards!

Do you have any art goals this year?


I completed this silhouette a while back but never shared it.  At first, I thought my drawing of the figure was not that great but the more I played in the paint the more I liked the shape.  
It's the imperfections that make it much more engaging. 

I got my first feature in Somerset Apprentice Magazine this month!  
Please check it out!  It's on display until 5.31.14!



Shared with Paint Party Friday, Creative Every Day, Paper Saturdays, Art Journal Every Day 

Thank you for your support!

18 comments :

  1. Oh my!
    I love this so much!
    Your work is creative and inspiring!
    Ü

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this painting. The goals you set for yourself seems to come from the heart that I see as a deep red in you image.

    And thank you for commenting on my blog as well :) It meens a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your work is amazing! You are a master of textures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your publication. I love your work. Glad had time to check Creative Every Day today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow nice goals. I am so with you. I am a struggling photographer who would love to make a living off photography. I have some goals that I hope will help me get there soon. I started them and it takes a lot of time and effort. I like to think on the positive side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...your work is gorgeous! Such awesome goals you have set!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love all the texture in your painting. very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work, Danielle. I see a face in the body. Was that intentional? You seem like you have a clear vision of where you want to go. That is one of the most important things in succeeding, I think. Your paintings are so pretty and I know you will finish up all those goals you have in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Faye! The face was not intentional but I'm glad you like what you see!

      Delete
  9. Danielle, thanks for visiting my blog. I can't tell if my comment made it to you or not. Just want you to know you ARE on the right track. Your paintings are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Danielle...your art is beautiful! I love the piece you have showcased on this blog post. Love the colors and the soft blending you've done here. I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave such a nice comment. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh gosh you have a massive shedule and you sound so possitive about it!! Keep the good stuff coming. Happy Paper Saturdays :)
    Manon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your artwork is fabulous, Danielle. Hope you accomplish all your goals this year. Love & hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful silhouette, and I like the inner you painted in red that is striving to reach that full potential.

    ReplyDelete